As the name reflects IQAC - Internal Quality Assurance Cell is a structure that would help educational institutions to improve their work processes and achieve learning outcomes & objectives.
However, IQAC is not just a committee.
It is a “participative” and “facilitative” unit that would work in tandem with the faculty members to plan and execute the best possible strategies!
Vision of IQAC
IQAC primarily focuses on quality enhancement.
Its aim is to introduce a consistent plan of action that would lead the organization towards progress. It involves preparing strategies for –
- Efficient & timely work processes.
- Academic research & programs.
- Affordable & innovative approaches.
- Use of ICT for modernization of education.
- Best assessment process for maintaining quality.
- Ensuring the best infrastructure to achieve goals.
Thus, IQAC considers all the possible aspects that hold the power to bring positive impact of teaching-learning on the students as well as institutions. Assessment, evaluation & improvement may seem simple steps but can turn the game around when performed consistently.
Functions of IQAC
We expect the following services from the IQAC cell.
- Setting quality benchmarks with consistent work
- Creating parameters to reach academic as well as non-academic learning goals
- Creating a student-centric teaching-learning environment
- Enabling faculty to efficiently use Tech tools for innovation in education
- Considering the feedback of students, faculty & parents for the best practice
- Organizing various workshops & seminars for quality education environment
- Documenting all the activities in chronological order & keeping a tab on improvements
- Preparing 100% accurate MIS reports for NAAC
- Preparing & submitting the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per the instructions of the NAAC
Composition of the IQAC
To ensure that the above-mentioned functions are performed accurately, IQAC works on the following the given hierarchy-
- Head of the Educational Institution - Chairperson
- Representatives from the Faculty Members
- Management Authority
- Senior Administrative Staff Members
- Nominee from Students, Local society, Alumni
- Nominees from - Employers, Stakeholders, Industrialists
- Senior Teacher Representing as the Coordinator or the Director of the IQAC
The Role of the IQAC Coordinator
IQAC co-coordinator would be the “captain of the ship”!
There are multiple reasons – he/she must have years of experience, should be a full-time worker in the institution, must have a responsible approach towards the work processes, and most importantly, he/she would work on the goal of achieving NAAC accreditation.
In a nutshell, the role of the IQAC co-coordinator is above that of all the committee members.
Key Duties of IQAC
Here are the key duties of IQAC that help institutions to improve their work processes.
- Effective Leadership
- Practice Decentralization and Participate Management
- Perspective/Strategic Plan
- Organizational Structure
- Administrative Setup and E-governance
- Effectiveness of various bodies/ Cells/Committees
- Financial Support
- Professional Development
- Co-curricular and Extra-curricular Activities
- Academic and Administrative Audit (AAA)
- Participation in various Accreditation and Rankings